David P. Brook
Tel: 732-319-4460 | Fax: 646-349-2217 | firstname.lastname@example.org
David Brook brings three decades of diversified experience in environmental law to the firm and he carries the valuable distinction of having worked in both the private sector and governmental service, working for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office representing the State Department of Environmental Protection and the Board of Public Utilities and other governmental and non-profit organizations.
Because of his background, David is often called upon to navigate clients through the myriad of regulatory processes and to assist clients with litigation, permits and resolution of issues before local, State and federal regulatory agencies. His practice has covered the full range of issues within environmental law and land use, including mediation, litigation, appeals, permitting, enforcement, site remediation, project management, and issues involving the Clean Water Act, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act or Superfund, the Industrial Site Recovery Act, the State Spill Act, brownfields redevelopment, wetlands, private cost recovery, solid waste licensing and underground storage tanks. His work in transportation law has focused on railroad environmental issues involving solid waste, air pollution, siting issues and agency enforcement cases. His energy issues representation has involved interstate natural gas pipeline companies with their regulatory filings, expansions and condemnation practice. He has also worked in employment, products liability and emerging energy technologies law.
David is an Adjunct Professor at Brookdale Community College in Monmouth County. His courses in Environmental Science introduce and involve students in the challenges and the solutions of environmental and sustainability issues.
- Successfully represented major national corporations by minimizing costs and legal exposure in large party Superfund and State Spill Act litigation.
- Drafted Successful Summary Judgment Motion in Federal and State Superfund litigation for the dismissal of all claims against client.
- Represented national gas pipeline company and Class I and Class II Railroads with their State and federal practices, including condemnation, real estate, litigation and all general law issues.
- Coordinated corporate shareholder resolutions and negotiations to establish new environmental and sustainability practices at large national corporations.
- Litigated and ultimately directed the negotiation of multi-million dollar full cost third-party recoveries with innovative applications of insurance products to protect clients from cost overruns.
- Represented the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection with all media enforcement and background investigations and prosecution of solid waste companies in licensure proceedings.
- Represented the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 2 in all water, grants and general law issues as well as Superfund investigations and prosecutions.
- Represented the New Jersey Schools Development Authority (“SDA”) in construction law, contracts, errors and omissions, design defects, mold remediation and established and managed third party clean ups by establishing the State Spill Act Environmental Cost Recovery Program at the SDA.
- Represented the New Jersey State Board of Public Utilities in rate and reliability cases.
- Established Transportation Law Group to promote more efficient and environmentally sound means of transporting goods and waste materials.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, Bachelor of Science, 1975, College of Agriculture and Environmental Science, Cook College.
Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont, Juris Doctor, May 1986, and Master of Studies in Environmental Law, cum laude, May 1986 from the Environmental Law Center at Vermont Law School.
State of New Jersey
U.S. District Court of New Jersey
State of New York
U.S. Southern and Eastern District Court of New York
State of Pennsylvania
U.S. Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania