- Toxic Tort/Hazardous Substances Litigation
- Premises Liability
- General Liability
- Automotive Liability
- Commercial litigation
Ms. Mittleman has specialized in all aspects of insurance defense for over (30) years. She began her career as in- house counsel for Traveler–s Insurance, and later defended the interests of insureds– of numerous carriers. She also has represented plaintiffs in a wide range of premise, general, automotive and commercial litigation matters. She has extensive experience in the area of toxic torts, including asbestos, vigorously defending manufacturers, distributers and suppliers. She is experienced in both federal and state courts.
Prior to joining McCullough Ginsberg Montano & Partners, Ms. Mittleman was a partner at a large law firm representing clients in numerous state and federal jurisdictions, and personally managed the Upstate New York office while defending multi-million dollar cases pending on the NYCAL docket.
Significant Recent Engagements
- Assists the National Counsel Team overseeing thousands of matters in the MDL and NYCAL asbestos litigation
- Personally handled thousands of depositions in the areas of toxic tort, premise, auto and general liability, and commercial litigation.
- Represented, defended and negotiated successful settlements and dismissals on behalf of product manufacturers, premise owners, suppliers and contractors.
- Significant pro bono work, including advocating for Superstorm Sandy victims seeking redress from FEMA and New York State grant programs.
- State University of New York Stony Brook, B.A. 1984
- Nova University Law Center, J.D. 1987
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association